By Michelle Fish
Tiramisu means, literally, “pick me up” in Italian. And it is arguably the most iconic Italian dessert ever. It’s rich and comforting with flavors of espresso, chocolate and brandy. And, of course, a cookie.
During the month of May, 2020, Tiramisu is also a special, limited time offer Latte available at BIGGBY Coffee… find one here.
Bob and I can’t get enough of it. It’s such a soothing flavor profile, evoking memories of long, languid dinners with family and friends. During this time of social distancing, anything that reminds us of family and friends is a nice “pick me up.”
So Bob invented a Tiramisu Latte Cocktail for our Friday Night date night. And we made a new video to teach you how to do it, too.
BLOOPER ALERT: It’s a cookie not a dance move (you’ll see), and the ingredients for your own chocolate liquor should have called for 1-1/2 shots of mocha mocha sauce. I swear, this was his first cocktail of the night. No really! From our date night (and our kitchen) to yours, CHEERS!
The Tiramisu Latte Cocktail
For two cocktails:
4 oz Iced Coffee (a strong batch)
2 oz Jagermeister Cold Brew Coffee Liquor
4 oz half & half, foamed to 5 oz in volume
1 oz Godiva Chocolate Liquor*
1 oz Ciroc VSOP Brandy (any good quality brandy will do)
4 oz Whipping Cream
1 tsp Sugar (Preferably Baker’s Sugar)**
1 dash Vanilla Extract**
6 Coffee Ice cubes
Coco Powder for dusting
2 Pirouline Dark Chocolate Cookies for garnish
* you can make your own chocolate liqueur by mixing 1-1/2 oz of BIGGBY Mocha Mocha Sauce, 1 oz Vodka, and 2 tsps half and half.
** you can substitute the sugar and vanilla extract with 1 tsp Monin Vanilla Syrup
Pitcher for Blending
Zulay Kitchen Milk Frother
2 Rocks Glasses
Bob used BIGGBY’S Living Hope Ubumi for the iced coffee and the coffee ice cubes. It has the perfect notes of chocolate and richness for this drink. He made it by filling the Chemix with ice, and then using the pour over method he described in BEAN BASICS S1 E1. To learn more about Living Hope and the orphanage that their coffee makes possible, read The Journey.
- Combine iced coffee, Jagermeister Cold Brew, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Brandy and foamed half & half in a pitcher
- Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla extract with the Zulay Kitchen Milk Frother until it has doubled in volume
- Add three coffee ice cubes to each rocks glass
- Pour cocktail mixture over the ice
- Top the cocktails with the whipped cream
- Lightly dust coco powder over the whipped cream
- Garnish each cocktail with the Pirouline cookie
- Look each other in the eye and say CHEERS!