By Michelle Fish
Nothing says “Michigan” quite like cherries. After all, we live in the cherry capital of the world! So of course, on our very special date night (we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary), Bob came up with a very Michigan martini glass of deliciousness … the Michigan Cherry Martini.
For this episode, we exclusively sourced Michigan-made products. We’ve included links, in case you, too, want to celebrate like a true Michigander.
The Michigan Cherry Martini
For 2 cocktails
4 Peninsula Premium Cocktail Cherries
Powdered Chocolate (hot coco mix) for dusting
2 Martini Glasses
Bob used BIGGBY Best to make the espresso. We’re particularly excited about this blend because 30% of it comes Farm Direct from our partners in Nicaragua, the El Recreo Coffee Estate. You can learn more about El Recreo, the Ferry family and the wonderful work they are doing in Nicaragua here.
- Prepare the garnish by skewering two cocktail cherries on each toothpick.
- Combine coffee, Cherry Liqueur, Vodka and Simple syrup.
- Pour into a Martini shaker with plenty of ice, and shake vigorously for at least 15 seconds to create the “crema”
- Strain cocktail into two Martini glasses.
- Lightly dust with powdered chocolate, and add the prepared garnish.
- Look each other in the eye and say “CHEERS!”